POLISH QUESTIONS TO GREEK STUDENTS
NASZE PYTANIA DO GRECKICH PARTNERÓW
Research on GREECE (Olympus Riviera, city Katerini area Keramidi)
- Geography of the country – rivers, mountains, area- comparison with Poland.
- Administrative regions (krainy) - short description. Pieria – our partners’ area.
- Political system – government, membership in European.
- Greek civilisation in the past – Ancient Greece – short outlook.
- National park in Pieria – fauna, flora.
- National food (show at least one recipe).
- National symbols – anthem, flag etc.
- National holidays and religion (sanctuaries)?
- Greek language – alphabet, examples of words.
- Mount Olympus- historical evidence, statistics, importance in the past.
- Interesting places to visit in the country.
- National folklore – costume, music, dance.
- Famous pieces of architecture, sculpture and art to see in Modern Greece.
- Athens – the capital of the country – a tour over the city.
- Famous people in the past – famous Greeks – 3-4 people.
- Famous contemporary Greeks - 3-4 people.
- The Greeks in Poland (or The Poles in Greece).
POLISH QUESTIONS FOR GREEK PARTNERS
- What do the stripes on Greek flag represent?
- Who first climbed Mount Olympus and when was it?
- Who is considered as the most famous Greek mathematician ?
- What is the difference between ancient and modern Greek language? Who is considered to be the father of modern Greek language?
- The tomb of Midas is covered with some kind of letters. Are they ancient Greek alphabet?
- How high is Acropolis mountain?
- When was The Parthenon built and who was its architect?
- There are some ancient theatres, like Epidauros, where we can still watch performances. What kind of plays do they show? Do any contemporary performances take place there?
- Were there any famous women philosophers or ancient writers? Who were they?
- What influence does ancient mythology have on young Greek people today ?
- How do you celebrate Christmas? What do you eat during this celebration?
- There are a lot of vegetable dishes in Greek cuisine. What kind of meat is popular in your country?
- What is the most popular drink in your area?
- Do you have coral reefs? If yes, where can we see them?
- Are there any lakes in your country? Do they have any special features?
- How many Greek islands are uninhabited and why?
- What is the population of Athens?
- What is your national folk music like – musical instruments, tempo ?
- How deep is modern Greek music influenced by folk (give examples)?
- Do you wear national costume on any occasion? If yes, when?
- Your national anthem is very long – more that 100 stanzas. Is there any celebration that it is sung full length?
- The Anthem describes the fight for independence. Who did you fight against and when?
- What are the most popular names or family names in Greece?